Long story short, I have fine hair that tends to get oily quickly and I was one of those people that HAD to wash my hair daily to keep from looking super greasy and unwashed.
I've tried a RIDICULOUS amount of dry shampoos and spent so much money trying to find one that I truly liked and I think I've found that "great" dry shampoo.
This comes in the regular form (white spray) in many different scents for $7.99 online and in stores at Ulta. It also comes in tinted forms for all different hair colors for $8.99 online and in stores at Ulta. Travel size cans are available online and in store at Ulta for $3.99. Size and price comparison for full size and travel size will be included in the blog with the pictures.
*Ulta is the only store I've ever actually looked for this product in. I honestly have not looked for it anywhere else so, if you find it somewhere else, let us know!!
Dry shampoos can do one of three things:
- They can be a little too much and be difficult to brush or blow dry out of your hair, leaving you with an ashy look.
- They can be pointless and spray out white residue onto your hair and not get rid of the oiliness.
- Or they can be great regardless of the color and absorb the oil as well as be brushed or blown out easily.
This dry shampoo is number three all the way!
I do have SUPER dark brown hair right now so, white shows up like crazy and I'm able to let this set for a few minutes and then comb it out just fine. I don't have a problem with this building up, leaving any kind of residue or leaving my hair looking ashy.
- The travel size was Clean and Classic "Original" and it has a citrus scent. It's not overpowering, not floral and it doesn't have that weird aerosol scent that I find attached to a lot of dry shampoos.
- Full Size in Cherry. This was one of the $7.99 ones because it's just the regular white formula for dry shampoos. I sprayed a little on my hair when I got home just to be able to smell it and it's AMAZING. I'm going to have a really hard time moving away from this scent.
- Full Size in Dark and Deep Brown. This was the tinted one so it was $8.99, I've never used a tinted dry shampoo so I'll let you know if it fades or "bleeds" or makes my scalp a weird color or anything like that. This one smells pretty sweet, I can't really put my finger on what it is but it's nice. Again, not floral and no weird chemical aerosol smell.
- There are quite a few different fragrances that you can purchase, five total in the regular line and there are three different tinted ones but **I don't know if each tinted dry shampoo has the same scent.
- The travel size bottle at 1.6oz lasted me six days total so I did get quite a few uses out of it.
- With the full size being 6.73oz I'd imagine, since I bought three bottles, That I'm looking at enough dry shampoo for a few months at the very least.
For the price, you honestly can't beat the quality, in my opinion. I absolutely love this and it's the cheapest dry shampoo that I've bought. I'll post a review of the three different brands that I've tried this past month and compare them all but seriously, this one is the winner.
Travel Size VS Full Size
Travel Size is 1.6oz and $3.99 plus tax.
Full Size is 6.73oz and $7.99 (regular) or $8.99 (tinted).
You get quite a bit for your money but the travel sizes are nice for traveling (of course) and for just trying out the product or gift giving. I also noticed that they did have the travel sizes in several different fragrances as well so you can mix and match.