It’s been a while but I’m finally back into action. Long story short, I was working in a position that had me on the clock 24/7 and it was HELL and seriously stressful. I’ve recently made a career change and I actually have free time to indulge in makeup and everything else that makes me happy!
Coming at you today with a post about a product that will take your shadows from just being okay to being FABULOUS! It’s actually something that I stumbled upon today at Fred Meyers store. If you don’t have a Fred Meyer around you, I have seen this brand at Ulta as well.
I’ve been on this total kick of champagne pinks and golden pinks and golden apricots and anything that looks super bronzy and glam while still being able to pull off that “We all know I’m wearing makeup but aren’t I just GLOWING?!” look. That’s why this product and particular shade caught my eye.
- This product is called Eye Sorbet and it’s from a brand called Essence. I’ve used a few of their products in the past (a few blushes and a marker liner) and I’ve loved them and haven’t had any complaints so I was all about spending ONLY $1.99 on this!
- It looks like a cream shadow in a pot like the Maybelline Color Tattoo shadows and that’s what I thought it was. I was very excited about that color directly on my lids. I was a LITTLE disappointed when I found out that it’s not really a cream shadow.
- According to the Essence website: “sorbet for your eyes! the innovative, long-lasting, gel-like mousse-texture is easy to apply with your finger. beautiful shades with light coverage and lots of shimmer are sure to make your eyes shine as bright as the stars! the fluffy eye sorbets with a subtle cooling effect are also ideal for use as highlighters.”
- Once I found out that they’re mostly for light coverage projects, I immediately started layering the one that I bought with different colors.
Which one did I buy?
I bought Illuminating Hazelnut (which looks more pink than brown in the jar, imo)
Pros & Cons?
Very easy to work with an easy to spread, doesn’t seem to dry anything out (I will be testing this and following up). HUGE con here, they’re NOT sealed. I looked through about four before I opened one that looked brand new and didn’t have finger smears in it. I came home and sanitized everything I could before using it.
What it looks like in the jar:
What it looks like over Reckless Devotion (a gorgeous pink with an INTENSE gold shift) from Glamour Doll Eyes:
You can see swatches and purchase Reckless Devotion by clicking here
What it looks like over Obscure (matte taupe) from Glamour Doll Eyes and Tough As Taupe (matte taupe) which is a Maybelline Color Tattoo:
What it looks like over NYX JEP in Milk & Black Bean and Urban Decay shadow sticks in Rehab (brown) and Delinquent (purple):
From what I’ve seen there are six different shades, some show more color than others and are more opaque than others so they could quite possibly be worn alone. I personally will not be wearing the Illuminating Hazelnut on its own, it’s just not opaque enough by itself and, when you build it up, it looks more silver than anything. Maybe if it were more of a brown or a pink on its own, I would try it by itself.
- So is this a product that you’d like to try?
- Have you tried this product and, if so, what are your thoughts?
- Does this product look like it might be a dupe for something higher end that you currently use or have used?